Jan 30, 2013

Slacking on my calling?

I've felt really called over the past few months to serve in kids' church at our church.

#1 we need to be serving and I feel that's an area where I could serve well.

#2 I love kids! I love spending time with kids. Always have!

#3 I think we should give back in one of the biggest ways the church gives to us, which is in kids' church. It is not easy to leave William and it makes it MUCH easier when I know he's having fun and he asks to go!

So, 2 weeks ago I finally signed my name on the list and guess what? Austin did too! He said he had felt called to do it for awhile too but neither of us had said anything. They emailed us last week with applications, which we turned in on Sunday. I thought it'd take at least a week to process, then maybe 1-2 before we were in the rotation. But this morning I got an email with the schedule!

And we are both scheduled this Sunday.

So, I get to email the leader and say 'yay we want to serve but ummmm this week we are out of town'

Yeah. 2 hours from San Francisco, who happens to have a team in the Super Bowl, we are 'out of town' on Super Bowl Sunday. Convenient no?

It's true! But man I sure feel like the slacker of the year.

So, March 3 we start. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment