Jan 17, 2013

Te'od

The Manti Te'o jokes are flying, so I may as well run with the pun while I can.

I'm pretty sure I've been Te'od...and William is the culprit.

When we were in Texas for 10 days William had 2 accidents, and I'd really say 1 1/2.  in 10 days.  That was amazing!  When we got home he kept it up for the first few days back at school, but last week he slipped off a bit when it came to pottying and by Friday he was having 3 accidents/day.  Monday his teacher asked me if we were noticing potty problems at home and I said it had gotten worse over the weekend but I wasn't sure why.

So - I went back to the drawing board.  Monday night I drew up a new potty chart.  William used to earn a sticker at each potty attempt, then a sticker at each potty success.  This chart earns a happy face every accident-free day and when the chart is full he gets a new train.  As I did with the first potty chart, I started small.  Baby steps.  Make goals attainable.  So, I made 6 squares so that it will only take him 6 days of no accidents to earn a new train.  

We are 3 for 3 and his teachers have told me he talks all day about how excited he is for his new train.

It's hard to pin sheer manipulation on a three year old, but it's also hard to believe we went from three accidents/day back to zero while proudly telling the teachers he was getting a new train.

I'll show him.  I'll make his next chart have 50 boxes.

1 comment:

  1. Softy. Rooney doesn't even get FOOD. Know where she is sleeping tonight? Cold tile. That will teach her to Te'o Mommy!

    ReplyDelete