Aug 27, 2013

William Wednesday

It has been over a month since I last wrote William Wednesday.  Someone should be beating me over the head.  Today I'll mix William's post with one of the lessons I've learned through this PCOS stuff.

During the diagnostic phase of my meetings my doctor and I went through years of my medical history.  I'll get more into that in another post, it's really interesting to me, but basically he thinks I've had PCOS since college.  Naturally, my first question was "then how did I get pregnant with William so quickly?" to which he said, "babies are miracles".

Babies are miracles.

I knew I had some cycle issues before William, I just didn't know they could have hindered my ability to get pregnant.  I got pregnant the first month we tried and apparently that's the best time for someone on PCOS.  The further away you get from birth control the more irregular you may become, so that first month is sometimes the best because everything is usually still in sync.  Apparently for me, it was.

God knew William Timothy Wallis needed to be born February 2, 2010.  He had a plan.  William's life was written long ago and the miracle of conception and childbirth occurred perfectly in His plan.  I can't even put into words how miraculous that is.

My little miracle has been up to the same old, same old since I last wrote: growing, learning, running around like a maniac, and stealing my heart on a daily basis.  He is SO full of energy.  Are all 3 year olds like this?  I would guess so, but I really don't know.  He's nonstop all the time!  Go, go, go.

He seems to be creeping his way out of the terrible 3's.  Slowly, but we're getting there.  He has his tantrums pretty well under control.  He doesn't argue nearly as much as he did a couple of months ago.  He really seems to have outgrown that transition.  (for a short time I'm sure)  I can't believe he's almost 4!!!!

He has started a math enrichment class at school.  They meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays and work on basic math skills.  They started with sorting and counting, which his teacher told us he clearly already had mastered.  He still enjoys it a lot and he counts higher and higher now, so I can still see growth and improvement. He always seems excited on math mornings, which I love. After math we may try the language arts program or the Spanish program - wish we could do all 3 but everything has a price right? Sheesh.

A couple of weeks ago a coworker of mine offered us tickets to the monster truck show. I had work to do so I let the boys have a special day to themselves. William loved it. He lasted almost the entire 4 hours and he's still telling me stories about the show! He says next year I get to go too :) here he is on a monster truck ride with dada.


The highlight of the past month with him, for me, was Relay. 


He was such an angel - behaved perfectly, listened to miss Casey, listened to dada and mommy, loved sleeping in the tent, and he spoke in the microphone with all the bravery in the world! He loved being on stage with Austin and me during the various ceremonies and announcements, and during the luminaria speech I asked him a question and he leaned in to the microphone to answer. Maybe stage fright doesn't come until later in life, or maybe he just has an incredible amount of confidence. I don't know but I sure was proud of him!


But hey, I'm always proud of him. Even on days like yesterday when he causes me to write blog posts like I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment