Oct 24, 2014

A little more grace

I often forget just how powerful william's little brain is. He has so much swimming around up there and he's always thinking. I also forget sometimes all that he's been through in 4 short years and how hard his brain works to process it all. Conversations like this help to keep me a little more Aware #1 of how his mind works and #2 that sometimes he may deserve a little more grace...

William likes to talk about the prospect of moving to a new place, and more so lately because his friend Elizabeth just moved. Elizabeth and William are both incredibly bright, strong willed kids and their little friendship was so much fun to watch. They didn't have little toddler crushes on each other, they were just like best friends. And when Elizabeth moved...oh man did William cry. He didn't even want our weekly bible study to continue anymore. It was as if he said, 'without Elizabeth is it even worth it to go???' So, ever since she moved he likes to talk about moving. And, since we don't know yet when or where we will move, we have to keep it hypothetical. I personally hate the thought of change and would rather avoid it like the plague, but that's something he gets from his dada and he enjoys dreaming of the adventure. So, at dinner last night (where he behaved MUCH better than Wednesday night) we talked some.

Me: so, if you could pick ANY state to move to, which would you choose? 
(I asked this fully expecting his answer to be colorado or georgia, and he only knows of about 15 states so the possibilities were limited. But, as alway, he shocked me)
William: Arizona!
Me: really? Why ariZona?
William: because then next time when dada has to go there he won't have to leave us.

My heart fell out of my chest and got squashed on the floor. Austin hasn't gone to Arizona in 1.5 years, but it was so impactful on williams sweet heart that he doesn't ever want to do it again. Sheesh.

Then, as kids often do, he went from 100% blowing me away to being a funny, random kid in a matter of seconds. I asked what his second choice would be and he said ...

I'D LIKE TO MOVE ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WORLD TO A WHOLE OTHER COUNTRY!

Be still my (squashed) heart.
And just so you didn't think I had forgotten about my wee little one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment