Oct 20, 2014

Man Crush Monday

I feel somewhat like a sellout for even using the title of this blog as a phrase. But hey, I like alliteration- what can I say. I didn't use hashtags, so I'm still a real 30 year old right??

Anyhow.

Saturday our church had the first annual pinewood derby race. I remember these races from my brother's Cub Scout days. Here's what I remember:

Boys enter their derby cars into the race, have an awesome time the entire day, and dads go home with bruised egos when they find their 'son's' car isn't the best.

While Austin did pretty well, a lot of the dads definitely had their own egos wrapped up in the success of their kids' cars. Overall it was a ton of fun and I loved seeing William and Austin interact ion that way. 

After the derby we went to a first birthday party for a friend's daughter and William proudly showed off his derby car. When someone said 'oh wow! Did you make that??' William BEAMED with pride as he said "me and my dada did!", Looking over to Austin for validation. He gets so much confidence and self assurance through his relationship with Austin and I'm more thankful every day for how involved and supportive he is of our sons.

And for that - Austin is (as always) my man crush :)

Here are some pictures of the awesome job our kids church leaders did in organizing this event.
Our kids church pastor built the track and converted our sanctuary into the derby room
Check in car #14
Passing inspection 
I think we had 22 cars in the races and each car raced 3 times (4 cars per heat) to determine the 4 finalists. William came in 3rd, 2nd, 3rd in his heats and he didn't even care!
Everyone ready for the final race - 3 girls and one boy! The boy and one of the girls were twins - no family rivalries there!
Playing after the races were done
My handsome date to the derby!

And after all of the excitement of the day (derby then party!) we had a family of 4 nap session which lasted 2 hours. We had full cooperation by all parties...not sure if that will EVER happen again, but I do know one thing...we'll need a king sized bed if it's gonna happen - or at least before charles gets too big!

No comments:

Post a Comment