Dec 11, 2009

A Happy Friday

Fridays are always more cheerful than other weekdays - people in the office have a spring in their step, smiles are bigger, stress is lighter - everyone knows that the weekend is on the horizon and, even though they always pass by too quickly, no one seems to be bothered by that.

Today was no different. In fact, December Fridays in the tax world seem to be even more cheerful as rarely does anyone actually do ANY work. We spent the first part of the morning talking about our potluck lunch on Monday, then we all "got to work" for the day. Then around 10:00 everyone finally admits they haven't really accomplished much so the lunch conversations begin. I had lunch plans today with Kaila - which I was SUPER excited about since I haven't been able to see her much at all lately (thanks a lot Western Union). But, for most people lunch started around 11 today, then after lunch everyone had to mingle and chat some more to wind back down before starting work again...so by the time I left at 1:15, people were FINALLY starting to settle in for the afternoon work.

My best guess is they'll all be out of there by 4. :)

I had my doctor appointment at 2:30 today, and what a relief when the doctor said my blood pressure was 118 over 72! Normal!!! We talked about the potential causes of the blood pressure, other warning signs to be looking for, and my work schedule. I let her know that the month of December is stress-free at work and that, other than next week, I won't be working more than 24 hours a week as it is. That being said, she approved for me to go back to "full time" status. This was QUITE the relief for me because if I were on part time status I would miss out on paid holidays and would be paid only at 50% even though I'd be working nearly the same hours as everyone else. They'll continue to monitor my blood pressure and in January when work heats up if it begins to rise again they'll talk more about putting me on part time work for the remainder of the pregnancy. But - for now - life is back to normal. :)

Austin and I looked at a calendar to see when the 34 week marker falls for us. (34 weeks is generally when they induce labor if the mother has preeclampsia) 34 weeks is January 9 - SO soon. Too soon I must add. Then we noticed that 36 weeks - which is the ideal time to induce if they need to because lung development is nearly complete - is Brian's birthday, and 37 weeks is Robert and Brandon's birthdays. Juuuuust what we always said we wanted to avoid - having a baby's birthday right smack dab in the middle of all my brothers' birthdays :) Robert has let me know, on more than one occasion, that IF he is born on January 31 his name HAS to be "Bob William Wallis". Seeing as I don't even call ROBERT by "Bob", I doubt my son would be. But I'd never hear the end of it, I know that :) So - if William can hold off until after February 2 I'd be one happy mommy.

The rest of the appointment went well. Weight gain is normal, no swelling, all my lab test results have come back "perfectly", William's heart beat was "perfect", my tummy measurement was "perfect"...I noticed lots of perfection today. Then, when I was about ready to grab my purse and walk out the door the doctor says, "Oh, and it doesn't show here that you've had the swine flu shot. Have you and we just missed it?" Over the next half of a second lots of thoughts flooded my brain: "Yes, I had it elsewhere", "Yes, I had it here you must have not gotten it in the system" "No, because I'm allergic to eggs"...ANYTHING...but, the only words that came out of my mouth were: "No, I haven't had it yet." What?!?! I failed myself. The streak of perfection had ended as the doctor said "Well, sit tight, I'll have Linda right in for you"

Goal for my Dec 21 appointment: no needles. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment