Dec 9, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot like Christmas!

Everywhere you go...

EVEN HOUSTON! I can't believe our snow in Denver pushed itself all the way down to Houston - congrats guys, I bet it was a blast!!!

This is the happiest time of year. They say this is also the time of year when the divorce rate peaks, but I don't get it...how can you be unhappy with Christmas music, lights, trees, advent wreaths...??? I just don't get it.

Tonight Austin and I braved the frigid temperatures and went out to buy our Christmas tree. We just so happened to find the "perfect" tree pretty quickly...coincidence? Maybe :) When we got to the tree shop the thermometer in Austin's truck said 4 degrees...when we got back in it said -3. YIKES. But, we got the tree, got it home, put the lights and ornaments on and it's ready for presents!

Reagan particularly likes the time period between when the tree goes up and when the presents accumulate. During that time he thinks the tree skirt is his own personal bed. This year that works well for me, seeing as the past few days he has decided that William's bassinet is his bed! Not a good choice Reagan!!!

Aside from the Christmas happiness, I am also feeling new freedom since Austin has just found out that - as of now - his orders to go to Arizona have somehow been deleted. One day he had orders, the next day he was no longer on the orders reports and nothing was listed in his personal portal. Personally I think that God told the Army "listen here you idiots, I'm in charge not you" - but that's just my opinion, you can believe whatever you want.

In my follow up appointment this week with the doctor my blood pressure had not improved. She asked that I work 20 hours this week and go back for my blood pressure to be tested again on Friday. We'll discuss my work schedule more at that point. She may determine that 40 hours isok for now, she may ask me to go on 20 hour weeks permanently, or at some point she may determine that I need to be on bed rest. I want to do whatever is best for William and my health, of course, but I also happen to want that "best" choice for me to be able to work 40 hours/week. I am not very good at being restful or sitting back and relaxing - so coming home at noon and relaxing is pretty tough. I instantly feel like I have new freedom and should go out and do things (like get a Christmas tree for example) so it takes a great deal of discipline to force myself to sit still and slow down. Because I may be working less, I am trying to make the most of the time I am at work so for the foreseeable future I will be doing the blog posting at home rather than there. That's probably more ethical anyway don't you think?

That's about all we have going on in the Wallis household. I apologize for the Army roller coaster ride you've been on...I know it can get tiring and it isn't nearly as fun as the roller coasters at theme parks. Theme parks such as Disney World :) Speaking of - I just realized that somehow the King Louie video I tried to post didn't work. I apologize seeing as most of the blog revolved around that video. I'll see if I can get that figured out. In the meantime, I hope you all stay warm and enjoy your holiday season!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that Austin's orders have "disappeared". God is really looking out for you and your prayers are being answered! Take care of yourself (& William too)! See you in a couple of weeks!
    Love you, Patty
    P.S. Yay for Christmas-time! I love it too!

    ReplyDelete