Jan 25, 2010

5 More Days

In 5 days I'll be FREE! Free from procardia and free from bed rest, that is. What will I do to celebrate??? Hopefully have a baby soon after...but during the time in between, who knows!

As for this week, I have a few things to finish that I was working on during my hiatus from work. I need to finish the baby announcements - I have all the pieces cut, and 1/2 are assembled, I just need to assemble the other half. I also was hoping to address all the envelopes before going back to work so that is one less thing for me to worry about after he's born. The envelopes I originally ordered are 1/8 of an inch too small (talk about frustrating) so I ordered some online yesterday that should be here this week sometime. And the last thing on my to do: to finish my mom's recipe binder. So I have plenty to do to keep this week rolling along and before I know it, it'll be Friday.

Yesterday we had a fun day of football-watching. I wanted the Colts and Vikings to win, but I thought the Jets and Saints would win...so, I was 1 for 2. I kind of enjoyed the supposed "curse" on the Saints keeping them from ever going to the super bowl, and for some reason I just don't like them. But - looks like the 2 most dominant teams of the regular season are going to face each other in the super bowl, and rarely is the match up that predictable (and possibly deserved) So I'm excited for the super bowl, and hoping I'm not in the delivery room while the game is being played! The only fun part would be that I think my mom, Alfredo, Brandon and Dana will be with the Scarpati's - so a lot of my family would be in one place, meaning they'd all be able to spread the news to each other. Wish I could be where they'll be though :(

The last bit of exciting news that I have is that my cousin Jesse is ON HIS WAY HOME from Afghanistan after 15 months. He left just before Austin got home from Iraq...which now feels like ages ago. I can't imagine having the strength my aunt Mandy and uncle Leon had during those 15 months to be away from their baby and trust God to keep him safe. But - their faithfulness and strength pulled through and he is on his way home to them. Praise God!!!

Well, I woke up 30 minutes too early today to start my day off with Regis and Kelly - which means there's nothing on TV to fill the silence while I work on recipes, so I'm trying to think of random things to write about to fill the next 20 minutes. However, I've run out of anything to say so I guess I better go find another form of entertainment. Maybe I'll go watch "The Happiest Baby on the Block" - I hear its invaluable!

5 more days until I have more exciting things to tell you about - so we'll all be free!

No comments:

Post a Comment