Jan 21, 2010

Good Food, Great Friends

Last night Kaila and Jodi came over and brought dinner for Austin and me. Kaila made baked spaghetti and rolls, which we all devoured pretty quickly. There was some leftover baked spaghetti, so Austin and I will enjoy that some night in the near future. Jodi brought kneophla soup (pronounced "ni-fla") which is apparently a classic North Dakota dish...one of those dishes that everyone thinks their mom makes the best you know? It is similar to chicken and dumplings - kneophlas are essentially dumplings, and the soup is typically thicker and creamier than chicken and dumplings. Plus, there's no chicken. So we're talking about chunks of flour-dough (kneophlas) in a creamy soup. DELICIOUS. I have been counting down the hours all day to when Austin gets home and it is dinner time.

I've been SO blessed to always have such wonderful friends. When I used to graduate from one grade to the next in elementary school I was always so heart broken and afraid that I wouldn't have any friends. Then when I went to junior high I was worried I would be alone, which was my fear as I went into high school and college as well. But it seems that at every stage of my life God has had people picked out perfectly to fill my needs and challenge me as a person. And I've been even luckier to maintain to many of the relationships despite the distance!

So this was just a quick blog to say thanks to Kaila and Jodi for the delicious food that is keeping William calm and happy - and also a quick thanks to all my friends that I've been so blessed with :)

And thanks mom for the pumpkin bread that appeared on my porch this afternoon...mmm, mmm good!

A blog of thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment