Jan 31, 2010

Back to Work!

Tomorrow I go back to work - for anywhere between one day and three weeks. William gets to decide how much he likes that place and how quickly he wants to get me back out of there!

I've received a lot opinions on my return to work...and most people think I'm crazy to return at all. There's really no medical reason for me to not return to work, and there's no way to predict when WIlliam will come so what would be the point of staying home? The doctor has no reason to file a claim for me to stay on disability, so to continue to be at home (which if you hadn't gathered, wasn't my favorite thing...) I'd have to use up some of what little vacation I do have. And for how long? Maybe William will be born this week and it'd just be a couple days, or maybe he'll go all the way until the end of the month just to ruin all of my plans that I've made. And how silly would that have been to use 3 weeks of vacation then? Not to mention I don't HAVE 3 weeks of vacation...nor has it been approved...

Anyhow, just thought I'd touch on why I'm going back to work since it seems to be shocking to lots of people and I've answered that question lots this weekend. Maybe William will come tonight and this will all have been for nothing...

Can't say I'd complain if that were the case. But, until he decides to show his face, I'll be gettin ready to show my face back at my office. Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. you knooowww...i went back to work after being on 'bed rest' for 2 days with that kidney crap & he came the next day!! orr maybe william is holding out for the 5th! :)

    ReplyDelete