Oct 8, 2010

Should have Stopped

I should have stopped while I was ahead. I should have called the NFL commissioner and the NCAA whatever-his-title-is and asked them to end the season 2 weeks ago when I first thought of it.

The cowboys handed the Texans a loss that weekend to end their perfect streak. Then last weekend the cowboys of Oklahoma State handed the aggies a loss to get rid of their goose egg in the L column. I, too, took a loss in fantasy football...BOTH weekends...so what was once a 3-tiered run at perfection is now a no-go. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. The Texans did come back last weekend and beat Oakland, and I have every confidence that we will all have victories this weekend. So gig 'em, bull 'em (not sure what to say for the texans...) and let's go arian foster...lead me to another fantasy win.

In other news, I just need to brag about my husband for a minute. I think I've mentioned before that William's teacher is an army wife, but I'm not sure if I've gone through the rank structure. Her husband was enlisted for 10 years and then he went to officer candidacy school and became an officer. He is now a Captain and is Company Commander for one of the 3 companies in their unit. Austin's direct "boss" is his First Sergeant, and his direct "boss" is their company commander - who, obviously, is the peer of Kim's husband.

So this morning as I was turning to leave after dropping William off Kim said, "Oh, I wanted to tell you. All week my husband has been going on and on about how good of an NCO your husband is and how he's the best in their unit, and apparently they've all been talking about it for awhile. I don't know all the terms or titles or who has been talking, but he just said they all think your husband should be in charge of the deployment instead of the other guy because he's the best. He's just been going on all week" So that's pretty fun!

To be in "charge" of the deployment would mean he'd carry the title "Non Commissioned Officer In Charge", or NCOIC, and he would be in charge of the administrative side of making sure all his soldiers are doing a good job, have what they need, are handling everything ok, etc. He'd travel around Afghanistan visiting them all in their remote locations and checking in on them. Note that he would NOT be going on missions, his soldiers would be.

Note that I would LOVE for him to be NCOIC, while he'd rather go out on missions. Harumph. He would be glad to take the job if it were offered to him, but as it stands there is an NCO who has more time-in-rank than he does, so he will be taking on that role. Apparently not everyone has all of their confidences in this other man, but I don't think that will change who is in charge. It typically goes to the highest ranking person. Again, harumph.

Oh well, the compliments were fun to hear anyway. I'm certainly not getting any praise for my work so at least he is!

I better get to work so that I can leave on time today and have a nice, relaxing (busy) weekend. Tomorrow William and I have some shopping to do...Ann Taylor LOFT has been calling my name (i.e. sending me emails) and I can no longer ignore them. It may have something to do with the fact that all of my winter pants are too big and my summer pants are too thin for the cold air. Then tomorrow night Austin and I are going out on a date. Kim is going to babysit William so I know he'll have a blast. Miss Kim ALL to himself? What could be better in the world? And hopefully in the middle of the shopping and dating that will be happening we can get the house in order and laundry done so that Sunday we can just enjoy some football. Welcome back Cushing, go get those Giants!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment