Oct 22, 2010

There are No Words

There are no words for how horribly I played golf yesterday, but really there are no words for how beautiful the course was. I only played 9 holes, and I think the $39 was well worth the cart ride if nothing else.

A coworker of mine recommended Arrowhead Golf Course to us awhile back, so we thought it'd be a good course to go to when Austin's parents were in town because Herb loves golfing anywhere/everywhere. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to join them because of work, but I ended up getting the day off so it worked out well! The course was about 30 miles west-southwest of our house, nestled in the foothills. It was GORGEOUS. I was silent the entire drive there, just taking in the beauty, and then we were all shocked as we drove up to the clubhouse and saw this:
The course was hard, and not at all forgiving. With all of the hills, trees, rock formations and brush you pretty much had to hit your ball straight onto the fairway or grab a new ball out of your bag. For someone who plays golf once or twice a year, that meant I ran out of pink balls by the end of 9 holes. I still did ok - I'll say that if I had time to play regularly I actually think I could be very good. I have a good swing and can make good contact, I just need the time to get consistent with how I hit the ball and then - look out! Problem is, I don't think I'll have that time in the next 20 years. Austin wants me to join this woman's league in Denver called Sassy Golf. Its a good deal - its $100 to join, then there are events 3-4 times/month where you can get discounted green fees, lessons, and other perks. It would be lots of fun - but seeing as he'll be gone and I'll probably be using up all of my babysitters just for work I don't really see a lot of golf in my near future. But, its fun to think about.

Anyway, here are a few more pictures of how we golf here in Colorado. On the 6th hold 2 bucks decided to join us. They have no golf etiquette, let me tell you. Tromping through sand traps without even raking up after themselves, messing with balls on the fairway - how impolite they were. Apparently after I left a fox tried to climb into our golf cart and Austin fed him some lay's potato chips - that would have been a sight to see! So, with scenery like this I almost forgot how many balls I donated to the deer...

No comments:

Post a Comment