Oct 29, 2010

The Opposite of Heavy and Weak

I may end up googling this scripture before I finish writing this blog - maybe even before I finish this sentence - but for now I don't know the exact words. I know there is something in there about the burden being heavy and the heart?? being weak. Ok, I give. Hold please while I google it.

Glad I googled it, I was pretty far off. Jesus says:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

What I took from that apparently was that my yoke was not easy and my burden was not light (and somehow I squeezed in there a weak heart) The point here is that for the last 34 months my burden has been heavy and my heart has been weak. For the past 34 months I have felt all-too connected with the wars in the middle east and have sat on pins and needles praying for safety and praying that I never get that dreaded phone call.

This morning I got the opposite phone call, and I wish you knew how wonderful it felt to hear my mom say "Hey Amanda, I have your brother here!" as she handed him the phone. He's home. He's safe on American soil. He made it. And his voice never sounded so great.

We talked for a few minutes and then we got off the phone so I could go back to sleep (it was 5 am after all) But sleep was the last thing I could possibly have done. Austin gave me a huge hug and said, "YAY Brian is home!" as my smile stretched from here to the east coast. My heart felt the opposite of weak. My burden the opposite of heavy. I truly felt like I could have hopped out of bed and run a marathon. Even if for a short while, I do not personally know a single person in the middle east and it feels WONDERFUL. My husband, cousin, and now brother are all at home - yippee!

Welcome home Brian! Enjoy your new phone and TV, can't wait to see you in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment