Mar 28, 2011

I am Blessed

When I mention the few people I'm going to write about today, I know there are a slew of other people who at various points could easily be included in this list. And for that I'm even MORE blessed. But on Friday I was just overflowing and its thanks to these people. We can be in the middle of a storm in our lives but there are rays of sunshine beaming through to remind us that not all is bad. I am so blessed to have the friends and family that I do, and I am so humbled by that. Last week Alexis told me about a song that reminded her of Austin and me. Being the uneducated person that I am when it comes to pop culture (or pop anything) I didn't know what she was talking about, so she emailed me a youtube video. It was the most beautiful song I've heard in awhile, and I was so incredibly touched that it would make her think of my marriage. The song is called "marry me" and the lyrics (omitting a few lines that don't apply lol) are: Together will never be long enough for me To feel like I've had long enough with you Forget the world now, we won't let them see That there's one thing left to do Now that the weight has lifted Love has surely shifted my way Marry Me Today and Every Day... Marry me Together could never be close enough for me To feel like I am close enough to you You wear white and I'll wear out the words "I love you" and "you're beautiful" Now that the wait is over And love has finally showed her my way Marry me Today and Every day Marry me...say you will Promise me, you'll always be Happy by my side I promise to sing to you When all the music dies And marry me...today and every day... marry me I know Alexis remembers being annoyed by how I listened to "Lucky Ones" on repeat...all the time...after Austin told me that it reminded him of me. Well Alexis, be glad you're not at work with me at the coffee shop now because I've listened to "Marry Me" about 20 times since you sent it to me :) I am so touched that my marriage would come to mind and it means the world to me, honestly. Like I said in a previous post, it'd be easy for Austin and I to let the passion and fire in our relationship die while we live separate lives this year so I am strengthened immensely to know that someone else sees that in us. The high of my day on Friday continued when the people at the front desk called me and said, "Amanda you have something very beautiful to pick up down here". I assumed Austin had sent me flowers but I was so surprised when I got down there to find that my mom and step dad had. What a wonderful surprise! Friday wasn't a holiday, I hadn't been having an especially rough day...it was just a day, and the note just said "Have a great weekend". What a great way to start it!!! I was walking inside with my flowers on Friday when I went to check the mail and had another surprise waiting for me. Brittany had ordered me a necklace with a daisy charm on it. Brittany doesn't know this, or I don't think she does, but I've always thought of daisies as the happy flowers. How could you see a daisy and not smile? They are so bright and cheery and just seem light hearted and happy to me. That's my take on them, anyway, so it was symbolic to me that she'd send me a daisy. I wore it on Saturday and every time I looked in the mirror I smiled. Then later in the evening I was so surprised when my phone rang and it was my coworker Paul's wife, Janell. She was calling to invite me over to their family dinner on Saturday to celebrate their daughter's blessing. They are Mormon so I was not a part of the baby's blessing, but I was the only non-family member they invited to their dinner. I was so touched that they thought of inviting William and me to be a part of their family celebration. I already had plans so I had to decline, but it was such a great surprise. I am so humbled by the blessings in my life. I don't know what I've ever done to deserve such great people and such great treatment - I honestly felt like a little princess on Friday, and I didn't mind it :) I can't imagine how hard this would all be if I wasn't surrounded by so much love and support. So to everyone in this email, and to everyone who has done plenty that just didn't happen to fall ON friday...thank you so much. Really, I could go on and on. You make this a million times easier than it could be, and even though I may not say it to you I thank God for you every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment