Mar 7, 2011

My Son, the Little Flirt

Saturday was William's Art Gala for school. I wasn't really sure what to expect going into it or what it'd be like, but I knew I was super excited to get William dressed up in his tuxedo. His school's director lost her best friend 12 years ago and she had suffered from cystic fibrosis, so she created this annual fundraiser for the cystic fibrosis foundation.
The classrooms all have a nice art project that each kid creates, then they put all of the artwork on display boards around the room at a country club. It was such a fancy venue and so well put together. Most importantly: William had a BLAST. Oh my goodness was he excited! When we first got there he saw Miss Cassie and was a little confused. I could see his face trying to figure out why she looked so different (make up, hair done, nice clothes) and why he was seeing her at this weird place that wasn't school. Then once he recognized her and kind of figured it out he was happy to see her.

THEN he saw Miss Sabrena. His new love. And oh my gosh I really don't know if I've seen him grin so big as he did when Miss Sabrena was holding him and Miss Kim walked up. Eventually he had Sabrena, Kim AND Jennifer all around him, passing him around - and he looked like he was in his own form of Heaven. I told them I felt like I was watching The Bachelor - girls stealing him away from each other and him feeling as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine.
We walked around for a little bit looking at all the art, the teachers passed him around periodically, then when it was nearing the end I bought his art and headed home. It was a "suggested donation" of $50 for all of his art and it all went to the charity. So, it was a successful event. And look how darn cute he is!!! His tux jacket was WAY too big, but I think he looks more studly without it anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment