Nov 1, 2011

Patient or not?

I think I'm generally a patient person.

I'm not impulsive. If I want something I think about it for awhile before I decide whether or not to buy it. I don't have the 'gimmes' and I don't have the all-too-common mentality of 'I need it now'. I wait patiently.

I don't have a short fuse. When my son draws on my kitchen table with sharpie marker I don't explode. I sit down and breathe and slowly start to cry. Then he wipes my tears with a napkin and hugs me. Far better result than had I lost my patience and yelled at him.

I don't get impatient and give up on weight loss. I've lost 14 pounds in 6 months which isn't anything incredible, and I've been on my last 5 pounds for awhile. But I just keep working and stay focused and know that it will all take care of itself if I do the right things.

But do you want to know when I'm not patient? When I sit at my desk anxiously tapping my heels on the floor? Checking my clock every 30 seconds?

When I'm almost 50 days from having my husband home and when my niece is 5 days past her due date and in no hurry to let me see her face.

That's when I'm not patient.

COME ON ALREADY!!!


- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment