Jul 28, 2012

MY STUPID APP

I wrote 3 blogs that just disappeared into cyber/mobile/e space apparently.  I'll just have to try to recreate them this weekend I suppose.

Relay Update:

William and I are on our way out the door to try to solicit some last minute sponsors for the Relay.  We have some sponsorship forms and some business card supporter forms.  Hopefully we can get some local businesses to sponsor but with the last minute timing, I'm mostly thinking a few business card sponsors would be great.

We met at the Relay Site on Wednesday with our ACS representative and the team captain from the fire department.  Their team name is "Seaside FD: Hot for a Cure"  clever huh?  The site is going to be great I think.  There's a big playground so it's free entertainment for kids.  In Salinas they pay for bounce houses and game trucks and stuff like that - we have a free park!  It's great for a first year site.  There's plenty of space for camping and cooking too, and I think we're really going to have a great time.  It got me really excited!  Lindsey has been working on 3 other local relays and they all happen to be clumped near each other so I'm sure she's just ready for her relay season to be over, but she's done a great job getting this first year event up and running.  Have I mentioned I'm excited???

Our team has raised $1830!!!  We are SO PROUD!  Our goal was $2,000 so we are almost there.  I realized that some people have made online donations that I never got a notice for, so I may not have been able to thank you, and some people have made anonymous donations.  So - I'll just say one BIG THANK YOU to all of our supporters.  We are incredibly thankful for your support through your financial donations, and your encouraging words.  I've received many sweet cards in the mail from family and friends encouraging us in our journey.  They really mean the world.

Sorry this update is so scatter brained - just thought I'd do a quick blog check and relay website check before we run out the door and that's when I realized my blog hadn't been working all week!  So my apologies there too :)  (i know you were sobbing in bed at night)

Also - it's not too late to donate, for those of you who may want to jump on board our team of donors.  The site - again - is
www.realyforlife.org/seasideca
Feel free to support myself, Austin, my mom or Alfredo - or hey, you could support one of his soldiers and help them earn their t-shirts!  I'm sure they'd appreciate the support too :)

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment