Jul 18, 2012

Oh man! Just great

I wrote a blog yesterday and it didn't post! So now I have to re-write it then I'll be a day late on William Wednesday again. Ahhh, what frustration.

Two days ago I got a super fun birthday package in the mail. And what is a birthday package without at least one surprise for William? This was actually my second awesome package and neither one disappointed my little tot.

But this one brought on a parental 'mistake' that was just so fun!

After dinner and playtime Monday I proceeded to take William to the bath to clean him up and wind him down. I thought I had done a good job and then at 8:30 as I was drying him off I heard Austin say, 'wait don't bring him in his room I'm making a surprise for him'.

I was thinking maybe a tower of blankies or stuffed animal buddies or laying out his 4 books for the night. I was not envisioning a remake of the Olympic rings out of his new glow sticks!!! We went into his room when Austin said it was ready and William's face lit up when he saw the glow stick masterpiece.

Usually after bath there's about 3-5 minutes of trying to get him dressed and get him to lay down, then 10 or so minutes of reading his 4 chosen books, then if he still let's us we sing songs until he's asleep. Otherwise we just lay with him for a little bit and bedtime ends almost like clockwork at 9:00. But, as the clock struck 9:00 we were still building necklaces and bracelets and more Olympic rings and twirling them all in the air and laughing hysterically. Finally at about 9:05 I asked William if he wanted to play with his glow sticks alone for a little bit while we showered and did dishes and then told him I'd come back. He didn't like the plan but when I told him the alternative (losing his glowsticks) he decided it was a great idea! When I went back in at 9:30 he was just barely keeping his eyes open, cuddled up with his favorite toy du jour.






(what it looked like with lights off)

In the morning, this is what I found



I put the glowsticks on the floor and got him ready for school, thinking surely they'd die out during the day and lose their luster. So at 8:45 last night when I heard lots of giggling coming from his room I was surprised to find that he and dada were playing with the glow ring again...still glowing away.

So, if you need glow sticks that live up to their name I highly recommend the black tube from michael's. They will not disappoint! But if you're trying to get a 2 year old (or almost 30 year old) to sleep I'd recommend you leave the glow sticks downstairs. Just from personal experience.

- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment