Jul 31, 2012

You know what I'm sick of?

Politics. And it's only August! How am I going to survive?

You know what I'm more sick of? The chick fil a debate. Get over it! So a known Christian business owner answered an interview question honestly based on his beliefs - is he the first ever? Will he be the last? If you heard hate and bigotry in his statements then don't eat at his restaurant. If he offended you and you don't want to support his AMAZING chicken sandwiches and DELICIOUS waffle fries and YUM YUM milkshakes then by all means, bid them farewell. But can we just move on?

I realize that in writing this I am in fact not moving on, but I'm not here to debate his opinion or his beliefs or my support for him. I love chick fil a. Why? Because I love their food! I would eat their August 1 if I could because I'd eat there at least once a week if I could. Not because I do or do not agree with his views.

I didn't stop drinking Starbucks when they reportedly announced they didn't support our military. Number one I didn't know if it was true, and number two our relationship was not based on our joint belief system. Our relationship was based on the fact that they provided a product I liked. Period.

Did I agree with Starbucks? No. Do I agree with the CEO of chick fil a? Likely. But my point is it doesn't matter! If chick fil a were engaging in violent hate crimes against homosexuals and using company funds to do so I'd take issue with pouring my money into their pockets. But the last time I ate at chick fil a I was served by someone I'd bet any amount of money was homosexual and you know what? He was happy to work there. He and his coworkers enjoyed each other's company. And I devoured my waffle fries. So where the CEO stands on any one of his religious beliefs (religious or political? I'm sadly confused these days) is of little
Concern to me.

What IS of concern to me is #1 when is chick fil a coming to seaside, ca? and #2 when did it become wrong to have opinions one way or another? Until you can, without malicious words toward the other side, answer that question please PLEASE just make it stop.

I think I need to go to Australia until mid November.


- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment