Jul 7, 2009

Happy One Month Anniversary!



(to Brandon and Dana - not me!)



One month ago Austin and I flew to Houston to be a part of Brandon and Dana's wedding. Their wedding was a true example of a wedding being unique to the bride and groom, and that when you put your own personality into it, the wedding will truly resemble you.






Brandon and Dana are big Astros fans, and their first date was at an Astros game. So when they decided to get married and have a smaller more casual event, the astros theme just seemed perfect. The ceremony was just immediate family and was held outside their church in Richmond. Lucky for me (and my aversion to the Houston heat) there was a nice big shady tree where we all stood :)


After the ceremony Dana's aunt hosted a reception in her backyard - and she did SUCH a great job! She had thought of so many little details to take it from your average backyard BBQ to a well planned and coordinated reception. The plastic-ware was wrapped together at each seat by red ribbon with a silver heart trinket attached, and there was an Astros napkin at every table. The flower arrangements were beautiful, and if they weren't professional then someone really had a gift of arranging! The best part, as far as her creativity goes, was the food. Not only was it delicious, but each item had a name plate next to it (which in itself was a brilliant idea) and the names were all baseball-themed somehow. The only one I remember was the little sluggers' bites, which were corn dog bites...but the names were along those lines.


Brandon had asked me to give a toast, which is not really my forte. I have no problem writing toasts...maybe I could go into a business of it someday...but saying it is where I struggle. I think I rehearsed my toast about 10 times in my head while pretending to be having conversations with people at the reception :) But - here it is - I pulled it off :)


All in all, it was a really nice wedding and I was so glad that they decided to celebrate exactly the way they did. Congrats on one month! :)

1 comment: