Jul 22, 2009

Irrational...crying????

Irrational fears about the well being of the baby, irrational cravings for weird foods, irrational aversions to foods you love...I can handle all that. But irrational CRYING? Definitely not my cup of tea. **I'm sure my mom will thoroughly enjoy this**

Luckily it has only happened once, but it was enough to have me furious.

One morning last week I woke up with a bit of a stomach ache. I haven't really had any morning sickness, the only issue I've come across is occasionally being queasy from an empty stomach; the quick cure is eating right away. Our morning routine usually goes like this: Austin goes to PT and I either go to the gym, walk the dog, do yoga, or stay in bed lazily. By the time he's home from PT I *should be* ready for work, and we sit down and have breakfast together before I leave. Sometimes its cereal, sometimes I make eggs and pancakes and sausage (usually on the days I didn't stay in bed like a lazy person - those are the days I'm actually punctual!) So this particular morning Austin offered to just bring me breakfast before I got ready for work. He didn't have PT this morning, so after he brought me a bowl of cereal he started to get back into bed. I looked at him and said "aren't you going to have cereal?" "no, I'll just eat later"

BURST INTO TEARS. "but i wanted you to eat with me" Austin stares at me blankly. Emotional outbursts aren't common for me - actually they never happen. I get emotional, I'm not saying I have a heart of stone - but outbursts just don't happen. He wasn't quite sure what to do!

But before he could run down and get his own breakfast, I was so frustrated that I was actually CRYING over BREAKFAST that I refused to allow him to eat with me. I don't know if I was proving to myself that it wasn't worth crying over, or if I was proving to him that he could eat whenever he wanted...but we both sat there a bit stunned and unsure of how to take the whole situation.

I'm sure that won't be my last bout of irrational crying. Was definitely uncharted territory for me - and thought you (especially mom) would enjoy finding me out of my usually-logical element.

1 comment:

  1. Haha- this is ONLY THE BEGINNING!!:) Ohh the joys of emotional outbursts. Bailey sure loved those! ;) Actually, I still have them now- I am blaming it on the pregnancy still..hehe!

    ReplyDelete