Jul 21, 2009

Let the Nesting Begin



I hear one of the last phases of pregnancy is "nesting" - but its never too early to start right???

A couple weeks ago, before we had told anyone I think...we found some nursery furniture on Craig's list. I should add the disclaimer that actually WE did not find it - my coworker did. I've never bought anything on Craig's list, and I don't ever think to look there for anything unless someone suggests it. My coworker didn't even know we were pregnant, but I think she had an inkling so she emailed me and said "I thought you might need this" with a link to the furniture.

We had looked at baby furniture in stores, and most of the sets we liked were roughly $1500 for the crib, dresser, and glider. We weren't 100% sure on the color, the exact style or the brand we wanted - and certainly didn't NEED to be. But the add was exactly what we'd looked for!

They were offering a crib, dresser, and glider by babi italia for $300 to the first person to show up at their house and get it - count me in! Austin came and got me after work and we went by to take a look...they looked just as new as they do in the stores.

So, without further adue (i don't even know how to spell that crazy word), here is the beginning of the nursery nesting process. I guess I should also say - the room was painted purple and yellow when we bought it - its been a storage room since we've had it, so we never repainted it. this fall it will get a makeover once we know what the sex of our precious little jelly bean is!!!




2 comments:

  1. I seriously LOVE your furniture! That glider looks so comfy for rocking your sweet baby!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Amanda! You got a great deal :)

    ReplyDelete