Aug 24, 2009

28 paperclips

The approximate weight of jelly belly this week. My weekly email let me know that baby weighs in at .9 ounces - which, if you do a unit converter (because I don't know what one ounce is) that comes out to be 28 grams. And in our school system which likes to teach the ridiculousness of the metric system, we learned that one gram is approximately the weight of one paperclip. I wish we had learned something useful to compare to an ounce - I remember these useless facts all too easily. Regardless - 28 paperclips. The paperclips at work come in boxes of 100, so about 25% of the weight of one box of paperclips. And about 4 inches long. Remember when he/she was the size of a pencil eraser? My, how our little jelly belly is growing!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUSTIN!

Today Austin turns 27. I like to call him "old man" every year on his birthday. No, 27 isn't old...but when you're 25 it sounds old! As did 26 when I was 24, and so on. Plus, he can never call me old...cause he's always older :) We are having a few of his friends over for enchiladas (I think his friends may soon think the only thing I know how to cook is enchiladas...cause they're his favorite, so he invites friends over a lot and requests that for dinner...) and tres leches cake for dessert. I'm mostly excited for the dessert :)

I talked to Mimi on Friday. Austin and I had planned to drive up to Dallas just for an afternoon when we're in Houston for Alexis's wedding. We don't have much time to spare during this quick jaunt down south, but its too important to us to not go up there. I asked Brian if he'd like to go with us, since he'd be in Houston too, and he said yes. So I had let Mimi know, earlier last week, that the 3 of us would be there for the late morning/early afternoon of the 10th. She mentioned that she'd be so "tickled" to see the 3 of us together, and its just too bad its not a weekend so Brandon and Dana could join us. I figured that the 5 of us may not be together again, in Texas, anytime in the next couple years so I called Brandon to see if it'd be possible for the 2 of them to use vacation time and go up with us. He said it'd definitely be doable and worth it - so what was originally just Austin and I making a quick lunch trip turned into a pretty big gathering. Then I told Mimi, "well, if you're feeling up to it that day we'd love to take you out to the new Cowboys' stadium to get a picture by your brick!" Austin had found out that the Cowboys were doing a "legacy walk" around their stadium and you could purchase a brick to be laid in the ground. So the 4 of us (this was before Dana and Brandon were married) gave that to Mimi last year for her birthday. When I talked to Mimi on Friday she said she had talked to Bert, my dad's brother, and Bert was going to arrange an appointment through the stadium for all of us to take a guided tour. Laura had decided to take off work, and now apparently Bert and Carol would be taking a day, or a few hours, off so we can all go see the stadium. It will be QUITE the event, and Mimi couldn't be more excited - which makes me so happy :) I'll definitely take my camera and post pics later of the BILLION dollar stadium, our family gathering, and Mimi's brick in the ground.

I think that's about all that's going on in the Wallis house. Pretty random post here - don't have one particular thing to write about today so I'm just rambling on, spending what I like to call my "smoke breaks"

Oh yeah - let me explain my smoke breaks. I'm catching a little bit of grief from people about my blogging at work. When I say "people" I don't mean people AT work, none of them know. But here's how I see it. I spend MAYBE 20 minutes blogging. And aren't we legally provided 2 15 minute breaks for every 8 hours we work? OSHA or something? Anyway - clearly I don't smoke, so if blogging is my nicotine - isn't that ok?

I'm desperately trying to get all my work done, though, so I'm not working Labor Day so maybe I should cut back on the blogs just a bit. So far its not looking good though. I already am pretty sure I'll work that Saturday, so it'd be nice to have the holiday off! But there's just so much work to do, and not a lot of time to do it. I can't believe Labor Day is 2 weeks from today, then Alexis's wedding is 5 days later - time flies sometimes huh? Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. HEY! I will be 27 in November...you better watch it Missy! LOL!!!

    Baby B is the size of a sesame seed or poppy seed...super TINY! WOW - weddings together now babies, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete