Aug 7, 2009

I think I'm Psychic

Maybe I'll open my own practice.

I have been having dreams that have seemed so off the wall at the time, but then they have come to fruition just days later. The first time this happened was a year ago, and it was an isolated incident, so it didn't really make my eyebrows raise too much. I had known that a friend was hoping to get pregnant, and I had a dream one Saturday night that she was. So the next morning I went to church and said "Lauren, I just had the funniest dream last night. You were pregnant but you didn't want to tell anyone yet" She stared at me with the biggest deer-in-the-headlights look. She said "We just found out Friday. I have my first appointment this week. We're not telling anyone yet, but after THAT dream how could I not tell you?"

A few weeks ago I dreamt about someone that I had gone to high school with. I've known this person since 6th grade, and we were close friends for awhile but mid-way through high school we sort of parted ways and some stuff went down (to be as vague as possible) that has me certain that if I ever saw him again I'd punch him in the face. I dreamt that I was out to dinner with Bailey, Amanda and Brayden at Guadalajara in Houston. I went to the bathroom and I ran into this person. He cornered me and started asking me all sorts of questions about Amanda and about myself that I didn't want to answer. He finally said that he has grown up and changed, he's in a new relationship, and he'd like to be friends with Amanda and me again. I told Amanda the dream the next day and she said "that's weird, I just found out he's engaged" My dream wasn't prophetic or anything; but still a little eerie. I haven't seen/heard from/thought of him since sophomore year of college.

Two weeks after that I dreamt about a friend from college who I hadn't talked to in awhile. In the dream we ran into each other on campus and she said she's pregnant. We talked all about it for awhile, then went our own separate ways. Then - on facebook - she announces she's pregnant.

And lastly, a friend of Austin's recently broke up with his girlfriend. Well, she broke up with him - and it was a really ugly situation. I know stereotypes aren't true, but they're there for a reason and she's a pretty good reason for why the stereotype exists about military relationships - she let it ring true. A few days ago I told Austin "I had a dream last night that Kevin got back together with Lindsey. Man would that be stupid!" Austin just sent me a text message "I think you're psychic, kevin got back together with Lindsey. He took her home to meet his family" WHAT? I want to smack him. Talk about deep-rooted and the most selfish betrayal you can think of...and he got back together with her? Boys are as dumb as girls.

Sure, these can all be coincidences. but if my career at western union comes to a screeching halt, I may have a backup waiting in the wings.

Give me $10 I will tell you your fortune.

1 comment: