Aug 19, 2009

Cousins, Cousins

Everywhere!

Austin's cousin Kelly emailed me this morning. Kelly is definitely the person in the family who keeps up with everyone's news, which is good because they have a bigger than average family and people are all spread out. She was emailing to see how the pregnancy is going, if we have shower dates, when we'll know the sex, etc. Then she filled me in on some other family news.

Ryan and Shannon are pregnant with baby #2 and expecting in March! Shannon had told me in June when I saw her that they had been talking about baby #2 more lately, and weren't sure when they'd start trying. (these are the parents of precious Lily, if you read my June post about falling in love) They are also moving to Dallas, so Austin and I should be able to see them more often - when we're in Texas at least. I wrote Kelly back, saying I hadn't heard and that was good news, and she filled me in on some more. Their cousin Jenny and her husband Jason are expecting baby #2 also. She didn't tell me when they're due - but I got the impression it is after March. Jenny is a school teacher and she planned their first baby, Jack, pretty well - he was born at the very end of the school year so she had his first 3.5 months with him before going back to work. Jack was born in 2008 - so he's about 15 months now. I'm assuming Jenny was hoping for #2 to be born as close to summer as possible also.

Then Kelly forwarded me pictures of their cousin Mickey and his wife Kate's baby Gianna. She was born last month so she is still brand new.

Add these 3 additions to the existing clan of Nicole, Cameron, Brittany, Kelsie, Sherrie, Brooke, Lily, Jack and Nick's daughter whose name I do not know (and, actually, I think their cousin Todd may have a toddler also) - Jelly Belly will have quite the mess of cousins to play with. Kelly is working on trying to organize a 2011 family reunion so that all the babies can meet...my guess would be someone will be pregnant then too. LOTS of babies!

My family is a little slower on the baby front. Granted Austin's cousins are all a little older than he is, whereas I'm right in the middle of my family, so I guess its not surprising that his family has already gotten started on spreading the family genes. But I need to recruit some help on my side - Jelly Belly needs cousins to play with at those family reunions too!

Speaking of - I have been nominated to organize a Thanksgiving 2010 family reunion for my mom's family. It wouldn't be the t-shirt wearing, chant-singing, 100+ attendant reunion...we are a small group...but it's difficult with Jesse, Brian and Austin in the Army, and now Chelsea and Kyle in Ohio, for all of us to ever be together. My wedding was the closest attempt at that, but Brandon wasn't there. Brian and Austin weren't able to make Chelsea's wedding (love that Army) so we've never been all together since we've had spouses...and I'm not sure it would ever happen unless we purposely arrange it. Since I feel I've missed my calling as an event coordinator, I probably shouldn't take my name off the nomination list (and right now its the only one) so I better start thinking. We definitely need a location with plenty to do - if we all sit in one room for too long, a fight is sure to break out. We love each other, just not in too strong of doses I guess :) Those genes come from Granny! So if anyone has any suggestions of good locations for a group of about 12 plus a baby in November (that isn't too pricey) I would appreciate it! My first pick would be disneyworld, but I don't think I'd get anyone on board. My second pick would be a cruise - but I'm not guessing anyone would get on board there either. So - all suggestions are appreciated :)

I'm excited though - cousins are good, and the more the better I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment