Aug 17, 2009

I Missed My Calling

Those are the words I told my mom, Alexis, Linda-mom, and Dana after Alexis's shower on Saturday.

I should have gone into event planning. The money is not the same, and I am in a field where I don't worry (much) about whether or not I'll be able to find a job...so this is definitely the safer choice. I'm good at it too - so that's a plus - but I sure would love being an event planner.

I think I'd like all sorts of events. I'm not partial to just weddings or showers or birthday parties...I would love to do it all. And throwing a party for an event I'm not familiar with would just require more organization, planning, brainstorming...all the stuff I enjoy :)

I really like all aspects of the party. I love planning - that's the best - but I like preparing, decorating, welcoming guests, being a host, and EVEN cleaning up afterwards. The messier the party, the more fun people had! And when you're throwing the party for someone that is so special to you - that makes it even MORE fun/rewarding. I hadn't seen Alexis's aunts, cousins, and grandma in awhile so it was fun to see them again - I spent plenty of holidays/birthdays/misc random days with them throughout high school and college, so they're a lot like family anyway.

And the shower was wonderful (not to toot my own horn or anything) At least I had a blast I know that much - which is really what matters right? Alexis had a great time too - yeah yeah, she matters :) I guess HER opinion might be more important. But everything ran smoothly, everyone seemed to be entertained, the food was good...oh...and the CAKE...

Brandon's wife Dana made a cake for Alexis. I had told her that Alexis's favorite is red velvet, so she made a 2 tiered red velvet cake with buttercream frosting. I think it was seriously one of the best cakes I've ever had. It was beautiful too - wish I had the pictures already so I could show off her work.

I think when I'm an event coordinator, I will recommend her for all the cakes.

So, all rambling aside - I had a great weekend seeing my family (briefly), throwing a fun bridal shower for Ms B2B, and watching the Texans win their first preseason game. (had to throw that one in there - it's gonna be a great year!) And I just needed a 4 hour nap to recover...not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment