Feb 3, 2011

Alright 2011, We Need to Talk

It used to be that even numbered years were hard for me and odd numbered years were easy. So, after a rough 2008 I headed into 2009 knowing the year would be much better. And it was! 2009 was an awesome year. Then things changed and the pattern shifted as 2010 was the best yet.

So far, 2011 falls far below expectations and suggests that odd numbered years are my new nemesis.

We already talked about January. Work sucked, Austin was gone, William was sick, I was sick - not fun. We are in February now and guess what? Little improvement. Scenario is roughly the same actually. William and I are both still sick, Austin is sick, the weather sucks, and a someone briefly stole my excitement yesterday about William's birthday. I was pissed. How dare someone steal that from me, especially when that person has very little to do with my life? He didn't have the right!!!

But then I realized that the only way that person had the ability to steal anything from me is because I allowed him to. I allowed my emotions to be focused elsewhere so shame on me. Once I made this realization and re-geared my brain to be all about WIlliam's exciting day, things turned around for me. William and I had a very fun lunch date at Qdoba (a burrito place) and then we got to go meet daddy for dinner at the Black Eyed Pea in Castle Rock. William was absolutely precious and had us cracking up the entire evening. It was definitely a fantastic ending to a rough day.

So, 2011, I can already tell that you will be a trying one. You will push and poke and prod and pester. You will test my patience, strength, willpower and faith. And you know what? I will win. So bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment