Feb 24, 2011

Where is My Invitation?


Dearest Steve,

I hope this note finds you well. I hope your medical leave of absence is allowing your body the necessary time and rest it needs to recover from whatever ailment you are suffering from. I hope that you and your family are doing very well.

But Steve, I do believe you must have my email address wrong in your address book. Yesterday when you sent exclusive invitations to your March 2 party in California I believe you must have typed my email address in incorrectly. I did not get my invitation.

Please feel free to forward it along whenever you have a free moment. I know you're a busy man.

Look forward to seeing you next week,

Amanda

PEOPLE. Apple has made a huge mistake here.

They are throwing a launch party, or press conference, or whatever you want to call it. March 2. To discuss their next iPad, which is rumored to be revealed at the launch. And I. Wasn't. Invited.

How rude.

Regardless, I am happy to announce that Austin secretly saved some of his allowance for months and handed me cash before he left with which I am to buy an iPad. Maybe I'll have my own little launch party and leave Steve out. How about that for vengeance?

In any case. Launch party or not, No more whining. No more griping. No more envy. No more drool. Once this March 2 meeting is concluded and the sales date announced, my plans will be made to bring my baby home. And to all you iPad haters out there who will argue that it is just like my computer but smaller, or just like my phone but bigger, I will just smile and say "ok". I know its just a toy. It is expendable, yes. Why do you think I hadn't run out and gotten one already? It isn't necessary. But, it is no less necessary than the TV in my bedroom(which VERY rarely gets turned on) or the iPod in William's room or the new rims and tires Austin wants on his truck. None are needed, but they sure do make life a little more fun.
So, iPad, beautiful baby, I'm on my way. And then I guess a good wife would begin saving her allowance to finally buy Austin the rims he's drooled over longer than the iPad has even existed. Am I a good wife? Time will only tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment