Feb 14, 2011

Better By a Country Smile

Remember that list I told you I have, the comparison of Texas and Colorado? The pros and cons to each. The never ending fight for which home is better.

Well, Texas, you just lost a point. Cause guess what? BLUE BELL IS HEADED MY WAY.


When I was in college I lived with Alexis for one year, and once I realized she was capable of eating a pint of ice cream per week AND still wear a size 2, I realized I needed to move out. That is just not fair. She had blue bell all the time and it was sheer torture because at that same point in time my body was fighting the thyroid battled and my extensive workout/diet regime resulted in 10 more pounds gained. I should have just been eating the dang blue bell!

Have no fear though, because over the next 2 years I think I ate more than my share and when it was time to face my weight struggle head on, I counted it a HUGE blessing that I only struggled with ice cream a few times per year. You see, when you grow up eating blue bell you are just wasting your time by eating any other ice cream. They haven't made it to the top 3 ice cream seller's in the nation while only selling in 20 states for no reason! The ice cream is just amazing. And its so light and fluffy that you feel like you could just eat bowl after bowl after bowl. Lucky for me, though, I didn't ever have that option. So the only time ice cream was even a temptation was when I was visiting Texas...and when visiting Texas, all temptations win.

That's not my point though. Those bi-annual temptations are a thing of the past. Now that I am more comfortable, yet still not AT my goal, I am proud to announce that Blue Bell has decided that Denver, ahem Amanda, is ready for their entrance into the market. One month from today I will be driving my happy little booty to the closest grocery store and I will be introducing William to a little taste of Heaven. And if my happy booty is not so little the next time I visit the local frozen food section, I will count it a blessing.

I can't wait to make my chocolate ice cream soup with some homemade vanilla and Hershey's syrup. Or to have those amazing little miniature ice cream sandwiches. OR SERVE ICE CREAM CUPS AT WILLIAM'S NEXT BIRTHDAY. First on the list though will be to test out the new Colorado exclusive "Rocky Mountain Road". It is sure to please.

Welcome Blue Bell. Long overdue, but welcome nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment