Apr 18, 2011

Laundry Schedule Switcheroo

I have long been a Saturday morning laundry doer. It seems like such a daunting task that it needs an entire morning devoted to just that. When Austin is home we have 4-5 loads between us (2 people working out daily has its downfalls) then there is William's laundry. So, I wake up early, throw a load in, and it usually stretches throughout my weekend. During football season I save all my folding for Sunday afternoons because I know I'll be sitting still for a few hours.

But.

The past few weeks I've done a few loads on Thursday and Friday nights, and by the time William wakes up on Saturday all the clothes are clean. IT'S AN AMAZING FEELING!

My weekends feel so much more relaxed and I feel like I get more accomplished AND have more play time. My weekdays are already shot - from 5 am to 8pm its work, work, work. So why not just give up the whole day to gain some me-time on the weekends? So far, it has served me well. So much so that I've devoted my entire Monday blog just to sharing my new wisdom with you.

So, my life gets one step closer to complete regimentation. (did I make that word up? it sounds pretty cool if I did. maybe Webster and I should talk. or maybe he had already thought of it, I'm too lazy to look and see)
Sunday night - vacuum and mop
Monday night - counters, dishes, and clean up my room from the weekend
Tuesday night - litter box, all the trash, the usual dishes and lunch making and The Biggest Loser
Wednesday night - vacuum and mop, get ready for early morning and American Idol
Thursday night - laundry and possibly American Idol results
Friday night - finish laundry and/or play and/or monkey biz and/or fun
Saturday night - the only night of the week with no assignments.

This doesn't include when I squeeze in the bathrooms or changing the sheets or any other chores not worthy of a weekly assignment. And this schedule goes out the window the week before the house cleaners come :) The floors get attention twice, sometimes more, every week because between 3 shedding pets and a toddler who likes to feed said pets, the floors need some lovin.

Hmm, this regimentation makes my life sound a bit sad actually. And Austin wonders why I said I haven't had time for William's scrapbook in almost 2 months. Just for fun, I may skip the counters tonight and replace them with pasting pictures on paper. Ah, the rebel screams for freedom.

1 comment: