Apr 6, 2011

William Wednesday on Timothy Thursday

A continuous theme in William's world...learning and growing all the time! I wanted to write all about it yesterday, but my head wasn't in it as I was thinking about my aunt mandy's surgery all day. She had a FULL day in the OR, and made it out after 11 hours. Praise Jesus! So, now that my brain isn't so focused on that (still slightly) I can focus on the fun of William's week :)
I haven't been able to blog about it yet, but I took a vacation day from work on Friday. Lots of people asked me if I was going to keep William home all day and play, to which I said "Are you NUTS?" Ok, I didn't say that but I should have. I needed a haircut, needed a clean house, wanted to work out, and Austin told me to go get a massage so who am I to not follow orders? So after my fun day to myself I picked William up and we went to monkey bizness. Usually Fridays are insanely packed, but it wasn't bad which was nice. He chased balls all over the place, threw them down then chased them as they rolled. He wasn't as interested in the climbing toys as he usually is, he was just REALLY interested in throwing those balls!

Saturday our FRG had an outing for the families. We had an ice skating rink all to ourselves and a room for eating pizza and cake. I wasn't really sure what to think of taking William to an ice rink, but it turned out great. He walked on the ice holding my hands, pulling me on my skates. He'd get bold and think he didn't need me anymore, take a few steps, then fall on his butt. He didn't like the cold ice on his hands, but he learned how to pull his jacket sleeves over his hands! I skated holding him some, but man does that take some muscle strength and coordination! He had a lot of fun though and loved watching people skate by. The weather Saturday was BEAUTIFUL so I was hoping Sunday we'd be able to go to the park and play. Apparently a freak 3 inches of snow fall was more in the cards...so, Sunday we ran some errands and played inside.

William is just so silly. I told Austin yesterday that some days I feel like ' man I have nothing to tell Austin today' but then I think for just 2 minutes and remember all the small silly stories. So, here are a few:

He loves to get his bouncy balls out of his toy bucket, walk to the edge of the kitchen where the floor goes from carpet to tile, and throw it down on the kitchen floor and watch it bounce. Once it's done, he walks to his toy bucket and gets the other bouncy ball. Once both are in the kitchen he tries to pick up both at the same time, walk back to the living room and do it all again.

Last night at 11:00 William woke up and he sounded like he wanted to play! He yelled "Dada! Mama!" then mumbled gibberish before going back to sleep.

We have been practicing hunting for Easter eggs and he LOVES it. He loves to put things in his basket so when he sees an egg he runs over, grabs it and runs to his basket.


Monday he was at Paul and Janell's house. Their daughter brooklyn had 3 baby wipes and had stolen one of them from William. She was playing with them so he snuck over very carefully, grabbed it then RAN over to me and wanted me to pick him up.

When Brooklyn was sitting on my lap and he realized it, he tried to climb into her lap!

The note on his daily report at school on Monday said that he sat cross-legged in a bucket for 5 minutes reading a book. I thought "I wish I knew what he looked like when he was reading" Well, last night he read his bath book for about 5 minutes. It's only 4 pages, but he kept flipping those pages and boy was he talking! In his mind, those pages have a LOT more to say than "RED" "PINK" "ORANGE"...yeah, its just a one-word-per-page kind of book, but he doesn't know that :)

Tuesday night during his bath I was telling him what colors were on the pages then asking him to point to the color. "Can you point to red?" He only did it for 2 colors, red and orange, but I was quite impressed!

William is SUCH a good eater. You wouldn't know it by how skinny he is, but that boy can put away some food. And he'll eat almost anything! Janell said she loved having a baby around who ate whatever she laid in front of him...literally, he will. Last night I may have spoiled his dinner by giving him 1/2 a cupcake on the ride home...a coworker brought in gourmet cupcakes and I saved 1/2 for William. I thought I'd have the will-power to wait to give it to him until after dinner, but I caved. It was so delicious, and he LOVES cupcakes. He gets so ecstatic when he sees one. He sure loved it, but he only had a few raviolis at dinner...oops :) Here he is, thoroughly enjoying both!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment