Apr 14, 2011

Spring

Let's talk about spring for a minute shall we?

When I was in college I gained a great appreciation for spring and loved finding any reason to drive to Houston. Why? Because the bluebonnets between Houston and college station are just beautiful. I love wild flowers! Plus, spring was just warm enough for sandals but still cool enough to not sweat moments after walking outside. Glory spring days.

My first spring in Colorado I discovered tulips growing in the ground. Tulips are one of my favorite flowers and I had only ever seen them in a vase. But they grow here and, once planted, they spread like wild flowers.

However.

In the springs here since my first the tulips have all been killed prematurely by late spring frosts. Did you know that Denver has the longest snow season in the lower 48 states? You can include hawaii in there too so really 49 states. It can snow in september and historically some of the biggest snow storms have come in April.

April.

This is quite annoying. I love the snow and I LOVE how the mountains look when they are blanketed. I love white christmas's and I love curling up under lots of blankets with hot cocoa. I love it.

But it should be a rule that once baseball season starts the snow is gone. It should be sandal weather. It should be shorts weather. It should be tulip weather.

I should not be shivering as I pause from sprinting into work just long enough to take this picture. And this was juuuuuust as the snow started, I am not sure how it will look at lunch time.



Could someone please pass this info along to the powers that be?

Thanks.

- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment