Jun 13, 2011

Happy birthday sis!

I don't entirely remember how much I wrote about Patty last year when she and Keith got married. I know I wrote about how beautiful of a person she is, inside and out. And she truly is! She has one of the gentlest hearts I've ever known.

Patty and I met in high school and we commiserated with each other about being solo instruments in band. If the piccolo messed up, everyone knew it was me! And patty had to deal with that too playing oboe. We were instant friends. And we share the special bond of having our first pedicures together :)

Then one day someone who must have loved me very much paid me a huge compliment: in a picture of the 2 of us, he told me that patty and I looked like sisters. True or not, I'd take it! She is just beautiful and had a smile that can light up a room.

We navigated through high school, college, broken hearts and weddings together and I can't imagine not having had her there. I especially appreciate her analysis of Austin's emails with me...or should I say her patience as I analyzed them for hours as she was forced to listen. She may have passed on the trips to cold stone if she knew my purse carried pages and pages of script to be read every which way.

Sadly, patty and I have grown busier as adults do and we don't talk nearly as much as we used to. But, funny thing is she is on my mind as much as ever. I think about her all the time and hope that it isn't long before I can see her again.

I wish I could fly to Houston to take my 'sis' out for her birthday...pedicures and cold stone ice cream sure sound nice!

Happy birthday patty - Iove you!


- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment