Jun 22, 2011

William Wednesday, family fun

William's week has been highlighted by fun with family! Friday his school was having 'fathers day fun day' and because Brian had the day off I asked him if he'd like to go. I told Brian that william's class would be playing with a big parachute and having splash day, so be prepared to be wet.

In true Brian fashion, he somehow mixed up the details and ended up on the wrong side of the playground. So instead of splash day William was sliding down a slide twice as tall and steep as he's used to and playing with the big kids. He had fun though!!!


Friday night he had a sleepover while I was at the 236th Army Birthday ball, and when we got home Saturday morning he had 2 new faces waiting to greet him. He's met Chelsea before, but I'm not sure he was old enough to remember. And Kyle was brand new!

He spent the weekend soaking up all of the lessons that Chelsea, Kyle and Brian taught him that I will try to reverse. Like throwing balls from the banister to the chair:


He loved it! And he loved them :) it took him MAYBE 10 minutes to warm up, and he had fun bouncing from adult to adult all weekend.


Saturday he was running on 3 too few hours of sleep and had a nasty pointed tooth coming in, so he was cranky at first. But after a 4 hour nap he was good to go!!!

Sunday morning I made breakfast for everyone (never thought I'd really go through a dozen eggs at once!) and William thought he should rub his tray all over his head. So we took a quick bath afterwards ;) in our bath I finally conceded to brian's claims that it was haircut time, so after his Sunday nap we went and got his hair cut.


He's been eating like a horse again, never seems full, so I think he's about to be out of his 18 month clothes. I guess he realizes his 18 month birthday is just around the corner and it's time for 18-24. Leave it to my son to be perfectly timely with his clothing sizing chart :) Either that or he's tired of wearing the same few t-shirts since most of his 12-18 clothes were long sleeved. Whatever :)

This weekend we will be visiting family in south Carolina so next wednesday will be full of more family fun I'm guessing :) and after such a busy social calendar I'm guessing lots of sleep is in order too!



- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment