Jun 8, 2011

William Wednesday

I am down in the locker room of the 'fitness center' (in quotations for a reason) at my new unnamed job, blogging from my least favorite blogging device. Please realize the huge sacrifice I am making here :)

William woke up one day and was no longer a baby. I don't know when it happened but I think it was memorial day weekend. Even miss Cassie noticed when we went back to school after the 4 day weekend. He just isn't a baby! He's a full fledged toddler.

The first day back at school after memorial day he decided he now is big enough to walk himself into the building. He leans down once we get onto the sidewalk and trots on in there. And the PRIDE on his face is the most adorable thing. He makes sure to look in every door or window an ensures that everyone can see him walking. I am just along for Backpack carrying duties and once i find one in his size he will no longer need my assistance. Which may explain why I haven't even looked for a backpack yet :)

They are learning animal sounds at school and yesterday miss Cassie said his lion roar is VERY scary and he loves doing it. I tried all night but all I could get was a monkey. Precious, of course :)

William is very much enjoying having his uncle Brian here. It took him all of maybe 20 minutes to warm up, and 2 nights ago right when we got in the house he ran over, grabbed a book and too it to Brian for him to read. Brian has learned the key parts of all of william's books. For instance, in his Elmo 'so big' book William really just wants you to open up to the last page where Elmo pops up.


He also very much enjoys our walks still. He orchestrated another one this weekend :)


He is learning his boundaries and how to push them, which means I am learning patience and learning all about 'one more time and bath time is over...' :)

I know this is short...I just needed to be sure I got it in here. Soon I hope to add 'blog' to my regimented evening routine. Soon...

- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment