Jun 6, 2011

Impressed with my friends

This morning when I got to work Paul asked me what I did this weekend.
'my friend Alexis came into town", I reminded him.
"I am really impressed with how often your friends come to see you" was his reply.

Yep, I have some awesome family and friends. He went on to say that none of his friends have ever visited him in the 9 years he has lived here, and he can count on his hands the number of times anyone from his family has visited.

Yep, I'm lucky :)

Brian and his girlfriend Sarah are at my house for a little bit while Brian works on buying his own first house (very exciting!) so the 3 of us along with William had a great weekend with Alexis. I almost felt bad - thinking that my life is far too boring for them, but they all 3 said they enjoyed just relaxing and doing nothing, and that William is entertainment enough.

Well duh! Between running around the house, reading books, Throwing balls and playing with pets who even needs a TV? William took turns crawling in all of our laps by the end of the weekend - I'm pretty sure he was enjoying having 4 people to boss around. :)

Saturday night Alexis and I took a trip down memory lane and convinced Brian and Sarah that we should all play cranium. We used to play all the time in high school - such cool kids we were. Anyway, we had lots of fun!!! And if you ever wanted to know, Alexis can draw a killer centipede and I do an equally impressive impression of a sloth. Not only are we cool, we are talented as well.

2.5 days isn't much, but it was awesome to have her here. And a big thanks to Jake for Sharing his wife with me :)


- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment