Jun 2, 2011

WTW Thursday

I really should have looked into my new employer's Internet policy. End of story.



William had a fun but slightly rough week. He cut his mouth with a straw, cut 3 new teeth, hit his cheek on the stairs and SLAMMED his head on a railing!


Pretty traumatic.

Despite that, he had fun! We had a 4 day weekend together to finish off my Unemployment and it was awesome!!! Jan and Marty were in town part of the time and William gravitated towards Marty big time. He loves when he has boys around to play with!

On Sunday evening he learned to say 'papa'. He has a foam book with slots to slide your own pictures into, so we use it as his family book. He loves to look at it and I always name everyone in the pictures. He repeated 'papa' back to me multiple times then just kept saying it. Then two nights later I heard him chanting 'papa' again and when I looked I saw he was holding the book open to the correct page!!!

He also decided this week that he is now big enough to walk himself into school. You should see the pride!!! He walks down the hallway with his head up high, looking and smiling at all the teachers along the way. Then he stops at the door to the hippo room and waits for me to let him in :) guess it's time to get him a backpack that he can carry all by himself!

One thing we did in abundance on our 4 day weekend was go on walks. We walked Friday, Saturday, and twice sunday. Then on Monday when I thought we were going to the store he had his own plans:


Everyone asks me if the Leash was meant for me or Layla, and honestly I don't know :) Layla joined us on half of our walks and she did pretty well!

Uncle Brian FINALLY arrived in colorado yesterday. I feel like we've been waiting forever!!! William didn't take too long to warm up, and with the help of his Elmo pop up book Brian had won him over rather quickly :)


Brian's dog Katy won his heart quickly too:



He is 16 months old today and he is every bit his age...he has learned and grown so fast and it has been the most joyous 16 months of my life :) he amazes me with his motor skills and his coordination every day - he can do so much, I can hardly keep up!!! Luckily I was able to get his scrapbook somewhat up to date and at least documented some milestones while I was in between jobs...I need unemployment weeks just to keep track of william's growth!!!

Tonight we are both sleeping in our daddy shirts, and we know daddy is somewhere sleeping in his too. Won't be long before we can all sleep together in our hotel in San Diego :) can't wait!!!!


- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment