Jun 15, 2011

Wee willy Wednesday

Mr. Independence.

On Friday I went to target when I got off work early. I mean naturally, what else would one do with 2 free hours? I was on a mission to build a fun bag for William for our flight next week. I also thought that the bag I found could become his school bag and 'maybe soon' he'd want to carry his own bag.

Right on time I was, because when I picked him up 2 hours later he INSISTED on carrying out his bag.



So, now we have a fun bag that is just for him...and he knows it!



Monday I made the grave mistake of attempting to steal said bag in an effort to help him up the porch steps.

NOOOOO MOM!

He started screaming and sat down on the porch in disgust. Brian heard the screaming so he opened the front door to find me surrendering to William and William still putting up a fight. Instantly William popped up, bag in hand, and reached for Brian to hold him. As Brian picked him up he looked back at me like 'I know uncle Brian would NEVER steal my bag.'

Lesson learned.




There's definitely a bond.




He also found a new affection for Katy, now that Katy let's him tackle! He tried whining when he got a minor scrape from wrestling but I told him that if he is going to wrestle with Katy he may get scratches. Anything worse and Katy would be dead, of course.

He also learned to blow bubbles in the bathtub this week. And he thinks it's hilarious. He almost cries he laughs so hard!

Last night I was laying on my back in the living room - somewhat in defeat - and william did the sweetest thing. He climbed on my stomach, leaned down and kissed me, then leaned up and looked at me with a grin, as if to say 'don't be sad mommy, I love you'

And with moments like that my life is so richly blessed.

- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment