Jul 27, 2011

So excited!

All day yesterday I wanted to cheat and write William Wednesday a day early - because he had such an awesome week!!! I just couldn't wait :)

My mom took him down to see uncle Brian on Thursday night, which I knew would be fun for him. Brian's house is like one big jungle gym in his eyes. Rumor has it yaya and uncle Brian took their eyes off of him for 2 seconds and next thing they knew he was all but one foot out of katy's doggie door. I can't confirm the rumor as I didn't get a picture as proof, but my gut would believe it. He climbs anywhere!

Yaya bought him an inflatable pool on Friday which he played with Friday and Sunday. Saturday we also went to the big pool, and all 3 pool exits were traumatic. He was so disappointed to have to be done playing, but I'm hoping if we do it more he will learn that pool isn't going away forever. (*note: please do not tell him about winter yet)


When miss Corinne heard about Williams Elmo shoes she decided it was time to pass on her daughter's Elmo toys. Friday he acquired a laughing miniature Elmo and a tickle me Elmo. My advice to parents of toddlers: introducing tickle me Elmo for the first time as a distraction technique from his heartbreak over leaving the pool = BAD IDEA.

He was terrified of that creepy scary jittery loud obnoxious toy.

But, by monday night he was tickling Elmo on his own, offering fist bumps and cracking up.

That's right, fist bumps. Yaya taught him to fist bump and now he makes sure to get every person in the room. He even bumped Austin's hand in our family picture! He gets so excite about it!!!

Saturday we went up to fort Collins to see Mandy, leon, Chelsea and Kyle again. William was thrilled to have his buddy Kyle back and they got right to work with bouncing on the bed and screwing caps onto powered bottles. By the end of dinner Mandy pointed out that she had heard about william's 'excellent fine motor skills' about 100 times on a short 4 hours :) what can I say, he's a genius!

Speaking of genius, I was shocked with his comprehension once again Monday night. We have a recordable storybook that Austin read for him and it is triggered by light shining through the holes on the pages. At night time his room is too dark but I learned that of I shined my phone on it I could get it to work. So Monday as I was surfing through Facebook while he played, he came over and asked me for the phone. I handed it to him and he turned it on, carried it to daddy's book, and proceeded to try and make the book work. I hadn't done it in over a week, but he remembered and thought of it all on his own. Amazing!

Other highlights of the week:
Uncle Brian put together a sand box for him but I've found he only likes the sand if it's wet. Otherwise he HATES it on his hands.
We went to monkey biz with steff on Sunday and we all 3 had a ball (equally!)





Monday night William pulled my hair and I said 'ouch William that hurt! You have to be nice. Can you say you're sorry?' He gave me a big hug and grin. Then he looked like he was going to do it again and I said 'William, can you be nice to mommy?' he nodded with a huge smile on his face then planted a big ol' kiss on my lips.

During webcam time this week we used the iPad and William thought it was fun to show daddy his picture on my phone. Then he kept kissing daddy's picture on my phone and blowing kisses to the iPad.

Miss Cassie says William has become her little helper. He runs around the room picking up all the trash and he loves to help her read books. I'm remembering when my kindergarten teacher told my mom that I wad great at making sure everyone else was doing what they were supposed to be doing...

So, he may have gotten Austin's good looks. And Austin's charm. And Austin's laissez-faire attitude. So what? He got my brown nosing, obsessive-compulsive, and bossy tendencies. Quite the combination!!!

- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment