Oct 17, 2011

In case you wondered, I'm not in control

It's a hard thing for a controlling person to admit she isn't in control. But I'm so far removed from the control of the household that it's just comical that I even try.

Friday I went to lunch with some coworkers and when we passed a big yellow school bus I immediately announced 'bUUUUsss'. I clinched my fists as the word toppled out of my mouth, I knew I'd get a load of crap for that one. I tried explaining that William loves transportation and pointing various items out keeps him entertained in the truck. A coworker (one without kids, I might add) said 'he sure has you trained'. Ah, that he does. I now announce buses without even thinking of it.

Saturday I had planned to make chicken enchiladas, rice and tres leches cake for a friend and his wife who had a baby a month ago. So that morning I got my ingredients and had everything mapped out to cook/bake during naptime, assemble enchiladas at home then pop them in the oven at their house. Great plan, and was working beautifully until I went to snip my cilantro and realized it was parsley. Parsley?! Ugh. So, I got as far as I could then once William woke up we ran back to the store to get cilantro. I was crunched on time and it was going to be close, but I thought I could fit it all in perfectly.

Until we got home and Layla had eaten my entire package of tortillas. Damn dog!!! So, I packed up all the pieces of dinner - bag of chicken, bag of cheese, blender full of tomatillo salsa, cake, pan to bake enchiladas, tub of rice...Kevin must have thought I was moving in when he saw the truck load of crap I hauled in his house. Oh and don't forget william's car suitcase he packed by himself. Kevin's wife stopped me from going to the store on my way, luckily, because she had tortillas. So, the day wasn't ruined by any means but Layla sure had better plans for me than my own.

Then this morning William wanted to wear his paw print overalls. He wanted to wear them to bed last night so I'm kind of surprised he still wanted them this morning, but it worked for me. It was 40 degrees when we left so I put a thermal shirt under his overalls. Disaster had struck. He did not want that. He wanted his army shirt on OVER his overalls, and he was determined to make that happen.

So you'll imagine the looks we got when he showed up at school with an oversized army pt shirt with orange thermal sleeves sticking out and paw print patterned overalls (of which you could only see the legs).

No, I am not in control. I just drive the bUUUsss to the looney bin.


- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment