Oct 12, 2011

It's still wednesday

Man work has been busy this week! Hardly a minute to even blog - how rude! I must say, the army asks a lot of the families and tax accounting does too (on a less national-security-importance level) so William is one special boy to put up with both. I think he's had about enough of it today, so lucky for him things should calm down Now at my work.

Last Thursday MissJan and Maize flew up here to visit. William had 3 ladies at his beck and call all weekend, and he was an angel. I kept expecting an outburst or a tantrum at any given moment, but he went right along with our shopping excursions. He sat patiently at restaurants, he sat in his stroller through the mall (occasionally telling us when he was tired of a store) and he spent some time in his third most frequented location. Target, of course :) he adored Maizeanne and there were more than a few moments where he leaped out of my arms to be in hers.

Sunday morning she had to go home and MissJan stayed for a few days longer. She was william's personal attendant for a few days and he has grown very fond of her! This morning he held on tight and didn't want her to leave him at school! Yesterday he was sick, poor bear, so he and jan had plenty of special bonding time and I already know he'll be searching the house for her tomorrow.

Jan has a picture on her computer desktop and her iPhone of maize, herself, my mom, Dana, and myself in my mom's pool. William clearly knows the difference in iPhones. He knows my phone has certain games and a movie, he knows his (my old phone turned into baby iPod...don't judge...) has 'bert' which is an obnoxious counting game with Bert from sesame street, and he knows jan's phone has the wawee. He would grab her phone and say wawee, then they'd sit together and point at the people and name everyone. He also learned that 'bober' (robert) is on her phone as well :)

In the past he has called bananas 'nana' like most kids and some adults...but Monday night he looked at our bunch of bananas and with great pride beaming from his face he said 'BaNana'. He had such definition and distinction in his voice and as he started saying the word the knew he was about to do something great.

He loved showing jan and maize our moMEEEE, wilYUM, daDAAA (etc) game. He starts with momMEEE usually and I then call out his name. Then we go through names of people we know, or just favorite words like Elmo, wawee, etc. Other than when we call each other's names we usually repeat each other so if I say 'yaYAAA' he will repeat me. Except he is very particular and if I suggest a name he doesn't want to say, he simply says no and moves on. Then the real fun one - if I say briANNNN. Sometimes he has no response, but he has all of us cracking up when he responds 'oh GOSSHHHH' :) he has an uncle oh gosh...how special. And kind of suiting, if you know Brian :)

Brian and his girlfriend came up for dinner Monday night. Brian had been in Texas for 2 weeks so, other than the short stint for uncle frank's funeral, he and William had over 3 full weeks of separation. I was unfortunately at work when they reunited, but I can only imagine the excitement William felt when he saw uncle Brian...even though he was pretty sick at the time. I can't describe how much he adores him.

He has started his transition into the next classroom at school, so naturally I have been a bit panicky and unsettled. I know I was the same way when he moved to zebras, and I know I eventually settled in...but that doesn't make it any easier. I don't know the teachers, they aren't good at returning the sippy cups, and darn it...he's still a BABY! He's got no business in there with all those big kids!

I'm sure he'll transition fine and he'll have the teachers wrapped around his fingers in no time...like all the other females he's wooed so far. He has a sweet charm...and I've got a handful in my future. But he has his dads ability to make me nearly forget I'm mad just by flashing his sweet smile...and unfortunately, I think he already knows it!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment