Oct 11, 2011

Life's calling

On pinterest a few days ago, while browsing around and wasting time, I saw a poster that said: I'm not bossy, I just know what you should be doing.

I think it was written for me.

In kindergarten my teacher told my mom that I was 'very good at making sure the other kids are doing what they're supposed to be doing'. That's kindergarten PC language for 'your daughter is incredibly bossy'. And 22 years later I've only perfected my true God given talent.

Recently I was asked within 24 hours to organize a friend's kitchen, another friend's closet, and another friend's entire house. I also swindled my way into organizing my niece's closet! And I had a drip bucket below my desk as the drool was ever flowing.

I've also been asked a time to two to help friend's with budgets and financial planning. With an equal amount of drool finding it's way to my chin no doubt.

I have even been asked for advice on how to raise kids! Ok, no, I haven't. And while I most certainly know how to do it best, I think it's best to let parents hack that one out :) I'll try not to overstep my boundaries here.

But this is what I was made for: to tell people how to do things. I wouldn't give advice on gardening or...oh gosh there must be more than one area where I lag behind...but you get the point. I need a job where I can just travel around and organize people's lives for them. Closets, kitchens, budgets, schedules...that's where I thrive.

Anyone wanna pay me? I feel I could better serve society in that manner rather than making the most organized and neat quarterly provision binders here at work. Although, my binders do rock! I just feel like I've missed my calling.

People get paid for this stuff right? Right? Don't squash my dreams here.


- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment