Jun 15, 2012

Cat Speak

I wish I had brushed up on my cat speak. I woke up at 3am and found myself eaves dropping on the conversation between Reagan and nancy through the bedroom window. To my best knowledge, this is how it went:

R: um, nancy, come out here. This place is awesome!

N: I don't THINK so fat cat. Do you know how good we have it in here?

R: oh please! There are mice and bugs and other rodents to chase around and plenty of brush to hide in during the days.

N: yeah but in here I have my own BED. A real bed! I mean sure, I have to share it with the people at night but that's ok. I get back at them by nearly suffocating them with my fur and sticking my claws in their backs as they sleep.

R: have it your way. But I'm staying, this is the life. Catch ya later nancy.

If you haven't read, Reagan has decided he has had enough of our domestic life. I wasn't sure (and I'm still not) at what point I should count him gone but I think over a week is pretty safe. Especially because I have now heard him 3 times in the middle of the night and he's never chosen to show his face in daylight. He is around, he definitely knows this is our house, but he has no interest in reconciling.

Nancy is especially clingy (read: obnoxious) and William thinks Reagan is at work which breaks my heart. But, I guess this is what I get for taking a wild cat with more personality than any other 10 cats combined and expect him to live in a box.

Here's to hoping he runs off the mouse population and comes crawling home, skinny and apologetic.


- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment