Jun 4, 2012

A lot of me

There are one thousand stories about Brian from growing up. Brian on Mimi's stairs, Brian with the bean in his nose, Brian with the fuddruckers fork in his diaper, Brian hitting me with a wooden bat, Brian throwing a harmonica at Brandon's eye...

Brian's life has had more of those odd little moments that make good stories later. I only have a few stories that circulate around over and over, and one of them is a story of me talking endlessly.

I was riding in the backseat of Marty and Jan's car before they had kids. I was 5 when Maizeanne was born so it was sometime before that. I was chatting away, as I often did, without a care of whether or not anyone was listening. Marty turned to Jan at some point and said, 'if we have a daughter is she going to talk as much as her?' referring back to me.

What can I say? I had a lot to talk about! And do you know who follows my lead? William! Oh my goodness there is no such thing as silence when he's around. He talks and talks and talks. Boats, motorcycles, American flags, man store, target, clouds, school buses...he sees it all and he comments on it ALL.

All of it. Every time.

He's a talker! And I'm pretty sure that is not a trait he got from his dad :)


- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment