Jul 6, 2010

Happy Birthday America!

Hope everyone had a wonderful, safe and happy 4th of July! We sure did in the Wallis house, and it was much needed for sure.

I was worried we'd be working late Friday because of something we had due, so when we were released at 3 I was pleasantly surprised! I had a couple of things that needed to be returned at the mall so after Austin finished running a few errands we went to the mall and did that. The 2 stores I needed to go to were on opposite sides of the mall, which Austin thinks is a ploy on my part to need to shop more. But we were in and out pretty quickly...the last thing I felt like doing was walking around a mall. I just wanted to be home cuddling with my babies!

Saturday we went to Costco in the morning and broke the record for the least amount of $ spent in one trip. I won't tell you how much cause its a bit embarrassing that its the LEAST, but we were pleased :) Austin smoked some ribs, I baked an apple pie, and he invited some friends over to watch UFC. William was putting on a show, flirting with all the ladies and laughing it up with the guys. I didn't know 5 month old babies knew how to perform like that! He definitely turned it on though. We spent the actual holiday of the 4th relaxing and being lazy. Loved every minute of it! Fireworks aren't legal in Aurora, so we didn't get to see any of those but that's ok. When I lived in Houston I spent every 4th of July at the Scarpati's house where I was responsible for monitoring the ice cream maker, we played in the pool (or I threw MissJan in), and Uncle Matt set off fireworks. I missed my family 4th tradition, but it was so nice to be at home with no where we had to be.

Yesterday we had a wonderful day. William woke us up at 6 as usual, so we played with him for awhile until he started to appear tired. We were still tired too so we all 3 took a 2 hour nap. It was fantastic! Once we woke up we took our time getting ready, then we dropped William off at Goddard so we could have some mommy-daddy time on the golf course. I hadn't played golf since the fall of 2008, so it was like starting over, but we had a great time. We were paired up with a nice couple and I love playing with people who are relaxed and not uptight. I'm not very good so I don't want to be playing with people tapping their feet waiting on me all day. I actually did pretty well too! After we finished playing we went and got William...sure wish I could just leave him for 5 hours every day. There were only 18 kids in the entire school yesterday, so they got lots of one-on-one attention. I'm sure they all enjoyed that! After we got home I took William and Layla on a walk while Austin did the yard, we had chili and grits (YUM) for dinner, gave William his bath and put him to bed. I decided that we should have 3 day weekends every weekend...I'd gladly work 10 hour days to have an extra day off. I work 10 hour days a lot of the time as it is, so may as well get something for it!

But, I don't see the work schedule changing anytime soon so I'll just enjoy the few long weekends we do have and be thankful. Maybe it allows me to enjoy them more, just knowing how rare and special they are. Next up...labor day? Man, that's far away. Oh well, its officially my birth month so I've got that to be excited about! Happy July :)

No comments:

Post a Comment