Jul 29, 2010

A Year Later

Last year I told you about my plans to participate in Denver's Light the Night walk. I'll keep this brief as I have already posted today and I REALLY need to get to work.

If you've read my post from last year you know all about the walk and its cause. My company sponsored a team last year, and when I inquired if they would be sponsoring a team this year I was told they didn't have a team captain. Well, I didn't want that to be the only reason the company didn't have one! So, I have volunteered to be the team captain for Western Union this year. Our team name is WU Wired for Fun, which is the organization here that puts on most of our events and social activities.

As I did last year, I will be walking in memory of my dad. Weather and army permitting (and William's temperament of course) Layla, Austin and William will all join me this year. It is really a fun time, and makes me feel like I can do something to possibly help alleviate someone else going through what my family did. Because I received an overwhelming amount of support last year, I have set my goal this year at $500. Last year I started with $300, increased it to $400, and received over $600! I was taken aback and extremely touched.

If you are interested, my personal webpage for the walk is here. Check it out if you want - or you may have already received an email (in every email inbox you have) hitting you up for support. Your support, whether it is financial or personal, means the world to me and I am so grateful. Maybe I'll try to post updates to my personal page this year - I didn't realize it works like a blog and you can keep posting. And as always, I'll be sure to keep you posted on here after Sept 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment