Sep 3, 2010

This Month

Is not going to be fun. I will be working frantically practically the entire month, so I'm not sure if I'll be seen on here very much. I'll try my hardest, and I will definitely be here on Wednesdays...other than that, I apologize. (to all 5 of my readers, you know)

The one thing I have to look to forward to this month comes Sept 30, and that's the Light the Night walk. A BIG HUGE ENORMOUS HEARTFELT thank-you goes out to my supporters: Ernest, Shelley, Brian, Nico, BB, Chelsea, Aunt Mandy, Pat, and Jonathan. You have helped me far exceed my goal of $500 and now I am $165 away from being a "Bright Light for the Cure" - I'm not sure what that means, but it would double my goal so it would be a wonderful milestone.

My mom and Alfredo have decided to fly up here and do the walk with us, so that will be a lot of fun. My mom's ankle will hopefully be healed by then so that she can be in charge of pushing William's stroller. We've been walking Layla lately and I'm not sure if she'll make it for 3 miles, but we'll try to work her up to that before the walk...it'll just be a decision we have to make later.

One of our teammates lost a sister in May to Leukemia and her entire family is joining our team to walk which is great. It'll be an emotional evening for them I'm sure, but I know they're glad to support LLS and walk in her memory. From what I understand she left behind a husband and two kids who will be at the walk.

I'm very excited to be a part of the walk and to be able to do what little I can in order to help those who are struggling with a battle about which I unfortunately know so much. If you haven't ever read my posts about the walk, you can find them on Sept 3, 2009, Oct 2, 2009, and July 29, 2010. It's a wonderful event and, again, I am so thankful to my supporters - financially and emotionally. You Rock!

But, Sept 30 isn't here yet. So, for now I'll get back to the tax grind. Ho Hum.

No comments:

Post a Comment