Sep 24, 2010

Undefeated For Now

Dear Football Season,
I know it hasn't been long since we last spoke. I just wanted to thank you for another wonderful weekend of football this past weekend. After such an exciting first weekend, I had prepared myself for a potential let down but you did not disappoint. With unpredictable wins, exciting plays, and miraculous comebacks you had me captivated all weekend.


My only problem here is that I'm sitting on top. I've been to Vegas once, and I was smart enough to cash out when I was on top. I feel like that's where I am now, except we still have 14 weeks of football. Too much room for error! The aggies came back from a 14 point deficit to retain their undefeated status; the Texans came back from a 17 point deficit to force overtime, block a field goal and win. And my fantasy team, thanks to Matt Schaub's great comeback, is riding on top for another week. It's all so wonderful that I just want to be able to cash out now. Call the season. Claim my prize.

This weekend the Aggies have a bye so I'm safe there, but the Texans play the Cowboys who are desperate for a win. The Texans have it in them to win but it will be a test for sure, and the wimp inside of me doesn't want to have to face it. Its a good thing the people suiting up aren't afraid to lose like I am, otherwise they may not even show up this weekend.

So, I'm asking once more for a wonderful football weekend filled with chips, guacamole, bratwurst, coors light (or blue moon, not quite the football beer but oh well) and 3 more tick marks in the W column. Thanks again for all you've done, and feel free to continue to impress. You're the best!

You're favorite buddy of all time,
Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment