Dec 16, 2010

I was Wro..Wro...I was Wro...

Wrong.
It's hard to admit, and it doesn't happen often. But yes, I was wrong.

My least favorite anniversary? Hardly. Possibly my favorite!!!

Yesterday slowly got better as the day progressed. Things calmed down, everyone was chipper at work, and by mid afternoon I was feeling pretty normal. Then at 4:20 Austin called and told me that he was at Goddard picking up William and would be home for dinner!!!

He said he had thought of coming home all week but never told me, then after the alarm incident he decided he definitely needed to come home. So when his class ended at 2:45 he quickly got changed, threw some stuff in his truck and headed up to Denver. When I found out he was on his way home with William I quickly finished up what I was doing and left too. When I got home I saw the most beautiful sight: his truck in our driveway, beautiful flowers on the table, and he and William playing in the living room.

We just had leftover enchiladas and rice for dinner, played with William until he was ready for his bath, and put him to bed. Then we unpacked the plethora of crap that the army issued him (AGAIN.), watched some TV, and it was time for him to leave. He didn't have long, but that's ok. It was the best anniversary we've had yet and all it required was a couple hours of driving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment