Dec 2, 2010

Love my eBook

I enjoy reading. I don't read much. Why don't I read when I enjoy it? Well, for starters, I'm terrible at picking out books and I hate the idea of spending $10+ on a book and possibly not liking it after 2 chapters. Then I'd of course force myself to read it, meaning it would take twice as long as it should because I'd be struggling through it, because I couldn't possibly waste the money. Second, I don't ever go to the bookstore. I think I've been to a bookstore MAYBE 5 times in the past 3 years. When I do go I buy multiple, so I usually have a reading binge...but once those are done, I have to wait another 6-9 months before I see another book. It's sad, really.

I once had a friend who had her own bookstore. well, I still have this friend we just live in different states. And she still has her near-bookstore in her bedroom (a huge hutch FULL of awesome books) It was great! Not only was it readily available for my enjoyment, but it had already passed the screening of good-book or bad-book. That made reading VERY convenient. But, since I moved back to Colorado (2 years ago) I think I've read 3 books. I may have forgotten how to read and I wouldn't even know it.

But theeeeeeen I got my new phone. With ebooks. And I love it. Sure the screen is small (could be remedied with an ipad) and sure they say apple's selection is limited...but coming from the girl who is averaging 1.5 books per year, I don't think I'll run out. I bought my first book 2 nights ago and I can't quit reading it! Doesn't help that I have it on me at all times...at work I have to force myself NOT to just read a page. A page in itself is harmless, but a page never lasts at just one. it's like eating pringles people. Helps, too, that I picked a book that I love. So its all around perfect, I think.

Except for that little ol' small screen. Hmm...whatever shall I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment